Monday, March 7, 2011

quoteable monday


Sometimes in the winds of change 
we find our true direction.
{anonymous}

{via}


I don't normally comment on quoteable monday, but this one I had to...
(sent to me from my mommy)
I can't help but reflect on where I was two years ago. I thought I had my life together. 
I was newly engaged to be married to a man who I thought was my dream man.
My direction fell in the shadow of his direction. And I didn't even know it.
The broken engagement weeks before the wedding was the greatest tragedy I have personally faced (first world, tragedy of course).  

I reflect often on who I am today and where I am going in the future. 
I hold close the things that I value the most... 
being closer to my family, my sister, my grandparents, 
maintaining the friendships that I hold dear, 
pursuing a greater education than I thought I would ever achieve and 
advancing my career beyond my wildest dreams. 

Just as this quote says, in the winds of change, you find your true direction. 
If you're going through the winds, I encourage you to keep persevering. 
Keep waking up every morning. 
Keep focusing on where your life is going to take you. 
And in the end... you will find your own true direction. 
(I'm definitely not anywhere near my end)

It's a fresh new day and a fresh new week.

Happy Monday, dear readers!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Whoever said this quote certainly knew what they were talking about! I like your way of thinking...fresh new day and week! Make it a good one :)

Katy M said...

Love that quote, and love this post! It's a great reminder to keep going for what you want but embracing changes that come your way! Hope you have a great week!

Lacey in the City said...

Love this. I just stumbled across your blog and am looking forward to following you!