Friday, February 24, 2012

I find you very pinteresting...

I know I'm not the only woman out there who has recently become obsessed with the latest internet phenomenon known as Pinterest. I've even noticed some of my male friends have started boards and have been sharing on Facebook!

Since I was little, my sister and I would raid my mom's craft room on the weekends to see what we could come up with. To this day, I am so thankful that she taught us to turn off the TV and encouraged us to get creative with what we had on hand. I learned so many valuable things, including how to "flex" my creativity.

Here are a few projects I worked on this winter:


Sunburst mirror that I made from dowel rods and a cheap-o mirror from Wal-Mart. After MONTHS of SEARCHING for the perfect sunburst mirror to put on this wall, I decided to google some DIY directions on how to make a simple one. In the middle are wooden roses that I found at Michael's for 2 cents for the package! They were originally red and yellow in color so I spray painted them cream; The red shows through a little, giving them a light pink hue. Perfect for our pink apartment! This is one of my most favorite things in the apartment.


This frame is about 12 x 14 and sits in a corner next to a chalkboard with a frame that matches this one. This totally sums up my sister and and I!


These are little flower Christmas ball ornaments that were just too pretty to put away. They sit on the most perfect shabby-chic pink table as you enter our apartment (see below).


My mom found this table on the side of the road on a rainy day last fall. After finding out the the owner's intentions were to throw it away, she loaded it up in the back of her truck and headed home. We gave it a scrub and soon realized how perfectly it would compliment our shabby-chic PINK apartment. It's one of my favorite pieces in the apartment- and it was FREE! (Love that creative Mama of mine!)


I made this garland for our Christmas tree this past year. Again... entirely too pretty to put away for the next 10 months. I still need to find a place for it though.

What ideas have YOU found on Pinterest?

Don't forget... follow my boards on Pinterest!

1 comment:

Travelin Through Life said...

ummm hello your apt is ADORABLE!! and sooo you! Glad you are doing so awesome!