Thursday, January 20, 2011

observing the ant

My mom sent me this in an email in response to Tuesday night's post.
I thought I would share...

Written by LB Cowman in 1925 after facing dry places in her life:

"Observe the ant," the great Oriental conqueror Tamerlane told his friends. In relating a story from his early life, he said, "I once was forced to take shelter from my enemies in a dilapidated building, where I sat alone for many hours. Wishing to divert my mind from my hopeless situation, I fixed my eyes on an ant carrying a kernel of corn larger than itself up a high wall. I counted its attempts to accomplish this feat. The corn fell sixty-nine times to the ground, but the insect persevered. The seventieth time it reached the top. The ant's accomplishment gave me courage for the moment, and I never forgot the lesson."



I resolved never to stop until I had come to the goal and achieved my purpose.
{david livingston}

Set your goals. Define your purpose. Strive. 

That's exactly what I am going to focus on every time I have a night like Tuesday night: I'll set my goals. Define my purpose. Then strive.

I love my mommie. Words cannot express how truly thankful I am for such a selfless influence in my life.

1 comment:

cynthia gayle said...

I love you babe!
PS the "word verification" to comment this time said:

beshooks


sounds like a new word to use in times of crisis!!! ha, ha!!!