Sunday, November 22, 2009

With the exception of women, there is nothing on earth so agreeable or necessary to the comfort of man as the dog {Edward Jesse, Anecdote of Dogs}

What is it about Dogs and their loyalty?

Seriously... I'm such a dog-lover. All kinds, big and small... but if it's mine, I would prefer a smaller pup. My childhood pup was my beloved Cinnamon, a cinnamon-colored Cocker Spaniel that I a.d.o.r.e.d. She was my baby, all around and spoiled rotten. And by spoiled... I mean my Dad used to cook her an egg every single morning... and those mornings that my Dad just so happened to be either hunting or away on business- she would sulk all morning long. Literally.

Sadly though, after 13 years, Cinnamon passed onto doggie-heaven in May 2006. She was loyal to the day she died. When I moved away to college, she would look out the window and every car that drove by, her head would perk up in hopes that it was me coming home. She slept beside me every single night and wouldn't go to bed unless you rubbed her belly and snuggled with her.

She was the by far, the best dog in the entire world.

After Cinnamon passed away, mom swore up and down that she didn't want another dog, mainly because of the maintenance and having to clean up the fur they tend to shed. Until Dad brought home a little gray bundle of fur...

Meet
...the 13.6 pound Shih-tzu that is convinced he is human, but just can't figure out why he has fur, is so short and is forced to go pee outside instead of where the rest of his family goes.

10 facts about Elmo that will probably make you laugh:

1. Elmo is kind enough to share the bed with you, he's that generous. Don't mind it though, if at 3am, you awake to him in thee middle of the bed, lying horizontally, snoring so loud that you find yourself wondering in your half-away/half-asleep thoughts- is there a pig in my room somewhere?
2. Elmo hates hates hates being put in "the place". This "place" is pictured in the last photo. He has to go here when his family leaves the house because he gets mad {how dare the humans leave without him?} and pees throughout the house. He runs and hides when he sees this gate being put up and when you pick him up and place him on the darker side of the gate... he runs into the corner and pouts, secretly wishing and hoping that his humans will change their mind.
3. My mother is convinced that he does no wrong.
4. Elmo has many names, including but not limited to the following: Mo, Mosey, Mosey-Mosey-Pumpkin-Pie, Feller, Fell-Fell, Mobama, Posey, Son {Dad calls him that}, My Precious {Mom calls him that}, Wiggle-worm, Moseph, etc...
5. My mom and I talk in a funny way when we talk about/to Mo. It's rather commical.
6. He only barks on two occassions: when the humans return after being gone and when playing.
7. He watches Animal Planet and is so intrigued when he hears barking on the tv. His little ears perk up and he just stares at the tv. That's a true story.
8. He has the funniest under-bite, which can be pictured in the first photo. hahahaha.
9. When he relaxes... he relaxes. On his back, all four paws in the air... head turned to the side... and is usually snoring, sometimes resembling the sound of a pig.
10. He only eats meat. Nothing else. And yes, my parents spoil him by feeding him meat 3 times a day {like a human}. And his snacks? No... not the typical Milk-Bone... he gets lil'smokies that my parents specifically keep in the fridge just for him.

Regardless...

he's 13.6 pounds of pure joy, laughter and fun. I couldn't resist on doing a post about Mo after reading Legally Fabulous' post about her dog starring at her in the bath tub! How funny!!



I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.
For me they are the role model for being alive.
{{Gilda Radner
}}

Tell me something funny about your Dog!!

7 comments:

cynthia gayle said...

I love my mosey, mosey, mosey!!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

cute...

i dont have a dog right now, but i loveeeee them!!

Gwen said...

Oh Elmo is so cute. We love our Baxley to death although he about drove me crazy this morning. :) XOXO

Elizabeth Marie said...

How adorable! My little Bella watches Animal Planet too, so funny.

Jenni said...

I love love loved this post!!! I am SUCH a dog lover (evidenced by my "Vote Mia" campaign on my blog) haha I have sooo many stories about my little lovelies but I will go with the most recent. Last night we cleaned under the couch and found a toy graveyard. Mia got so excited and intent on licking the old bone that had been shoved under there that she didn't notice her butt slowly falling off the couch until she slammed on the floor! Not once...not twice...but three times!!! Man, that bone must have been phenomenal!

molly said...

my dog's name is george gershwin. he has dreadlocks!

Pearls and Curls said...

what an ugly creature =]